5m2 – £38.27
ALLCOAT Epoxy Tack Coat Primer is a fast cure two-pack solvent-free epoxy resin priming coat, designed for easy application, to allow rapid overlaying with resin based systems.
ALLCOAT Epoxy Tack Coat Primer is designed to bond thin section resin based screeds and toppings to cementitious and other surfaces.
ALLCOAT Epoxy Tack Coat Primer can be used as a tack coat and primer. Where surfaces are very porous, a second coat of ALLCOAT Epoxy Tack Coat Primer may be required to ensure sealing of the surface. ALLCOAT Epoxy Tack Coat Primer will bond to concrete, wood, metal and asphalt etc.
For application onto new concrete or where the RH level is likely to be above 75%, ALLCOAT Epoxy Damp Proofer should be applied.
- Can be used as a tack coat and surface priming coat for both epoxy and polyurethane resin based screeds in the ALLCOAT range.
- Also suitable for the rapid priming of repairs in concrete with products such as ALLCOAT Mortar Mix.
- Can be used as a self finish seal to concrete giving easier cleaning and improved protection to the surface.
- ALLCOAT Epoxy Tack Coat Primer can also be used as a primer for high build epoxy resin coatings such as ALLCOAT Chemical Resistant Coating and ALLCOAT Epoxy Coat High Build.
Features & Benefits
- Able to overlay in the same working day
- Excellent adhesive properties
- Easy application with fast overcoat at ambient conditions
- No unpleasant or harmful odours
The surface must be thoroughly prepared to ensure a good mechanical key, free of oil, grease etc. Localised repairs should be carried out with ALLCOAT Mortar Mix.
Mixing & application
ALLCOAT Epoxy Tack Coat Primer is a two pack material, which must be mixed thoroughly before use, ideally with a slow speed mechanical mixer. Once mixed ALLCOAT Epoxy Tack Coat Primer will have a pot life of approximately 15 minutes at 20º C and must be applied during this period.
ALLCOAT Epoxy Tack Coat Primer can be applied with a short or medium pile roller or squeegee. More than one application may be required to ensure that a uniform surface seal is achieved, and to compensate for surface porosity. Note: squeegee application will result in reduced rates of coverage.
ALLCOAT Epoxy screeds should generally be applied onto a wet ‘tack coat’ of ALLCOAT Epoxy Tack Coat Primer.
If ALLCOAT Epoxy Tack Coat Primer is not used within the pot life it will generate heat and may generate fumes through the reaction process. The container must be carefully placed in a well ventilated area and to prevent spillage or contact with the material or container, and nothing must be added to the container until the container has cooled naturally.
|Pot life after mixing||
15 minutes @ 20ºC
|Tack free time||
3 hours @ 20ºC
|Hard film time||
6-8 hours @ 20ºC
|Application temperature limits||
1 year in unopened containers